Warkworth Wellsford Hospice has four community palliative care nurses and two relief nurses; all specialise in caring for people with progressive terminal illnesses with complex issues.
- Paula Garner (nursing team leader)
- Fiona Rutherford
- Adi Spens-Black
- Pru FitzHerbert
- Kate Taylor
- Aliscia Vujcich
Our family support team includes a psychotherapist and a social worker, supported by a team of dedicated and compassionate volunteers.
- Susan McHugh (Family Support Team Leader)
- Tina Earl (Counsellor)
- Monica Donnelly (Social worker)
- Pauline Louette (Day Programme Coordinator)
Administration and fundraising
These staff members provide management and administrative support for the clinical and family support teams, as well as coordinating fundraising activities and raising our profile in the community.
- Ree Tyrrell (Clinical Administrator)
- Lesley Ingham (Fundraising Coordinator)
- Lorna Lewis (receptionist)
- Eri Bruhns (receptionist)
Warkworth Wellsford Hospice employs a part-time manager for each of our shops in Warkworth and Wellsford, and for the garage sale in Warkworth. About 180 volunteers help run the shops six days a week, working at the counter and behind the scenes, sorting and pricing goods.
- Christine Hannah (Warkworth shop manager)
- Gaye Ward (Wellsford shop manager)
- Wendy Bakewell (Wellsford assistant shop manager)
- Liz Sanderson (Relief shop Manager)
Medical/clinical partnerships and collaborations
- Rodney Health Trust
- District Nurses
- Local GPs
- Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) - assessing patients for government-funded home help, carer support and the support provided by rest homes and private hospitals.
- Specialist palliative care doctors based at North Shore - linked through nurses' laptops to enable patient notes to be shared electronically.
- Working with North Shore Hospice clinical staff to provide palliative care training to local rest home staff, doctors and home care workers.
- Our nurses work alongside rest home staff and oversee the care of residents who are hospice patients.