Warkworth Wellsford Hospice has four community palliative care nurses and two relief nurses; all specialise in caring for people with progressive terminal illnesses with complex issues.
- Paula Garner (nursing team leader)
- Fiona Rutherford
- Adi Spens-Black
- Pru Fitzherbert
- Kate Taylor
Our family support team includes a psychotherapist and a social worker, supported by a team of dedicated and compassionate volunteers.
- Liana Meredith (Counsellor)
- Monica Donnelly (Social worker)
Administration and fundraising
Four part-time workers provide management and administrative support for the clinical and family support teams, as well as coordinating fundraising activities and raising our profile in the community.
- Kathryn Ashworth (general manager)
- Sue Seymour (administration manager)
- Lesley Ingham (fundraising and communications coordinator)
- Lorna Lewis (receptionist)
- Eri Bruhns (receptionist)
Warkworth Wellsford Hospice employs a part-time manager for each of our shops in Warkworth and Wellsford. About 180 volunteers help run the shops six days a week, working at the counter and behind the scenes, sorting and pricing goods. The weekly garage sales in Warkworth are managed by volunteers.
- Christine Hannah (Warkworth shop manager)
- Gaye Ward (Wellsford shop manager)
- John McEwing (Retail Manager)
- John Bass (Deputy Garage Sale Manager)
- Liz Sanderson (Relief shop Manager)
Medical/clinical partnerships and collaborations
- Rodney Health Trust
- District Nurses
- Local GPs
- Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) - assessing patients for government-funded home help, carer support and the support provided by rest homes and private hospitals.
- Specialist palliative care doctors based at North Shore - linked through nurses' laptops to enable patient notes to be shared electronically.
- Working with North Shore Hospice clinical staff to provide palliative care training to local rest home staff, doctors and home care workers.
- Our nurses work alongside rest home staff and oversee the care of residents who are hospice patients.